Manager, RN Operations - Urology, Seattle, WA
Manager, RN Operations - Urology
Nursing | Fulltime - Regular | Seattle, WA, US | 40 hours per week
Job Number: 182538
Hours: Days - variable
With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care. Consisting of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
As a member of our team, you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement through our Virginia Mason Production System, and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
The role of the RN Leader is to make day to day decisions in meeting staffing needs to meet patient demand for services. The role includes facilitating the interview process, hiring management, performance management, competency assessment and development, and counseling of staff. The RN Leader represents nursing in the local clinic leadership and within the departmental service line at the organizational level. The RN Leader is an integral part of the clinic leadership triad (Director, Section Head, RN Leader) in the management and delivery of clinic services in support of Virginia Mason’s mission, vision, and values.
This position directs the business, technical and nursing support activities of a multidisciplinary clinic, by providing leadership to develop and implement strategies and policies to accomplish delivery and growth of services at best possible levels of cost effectiveness and stakeholder satisfaction. This job places strong emphasis on the following outcomes: the achievement of the aggressive development & dissemination of best practices and the cultivation of a highly-effective work unit.
Depending on the level of leadership experience, this role could be filled as a Supervisor, RN or Manager, RN position.
Manager, RN requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and three years of experience as a nurse supervisor, assistant nurse manager, or nurse manager.
- Requires a Registered Nurse license in the state of Washington.
- Skill in prioritizing the demands of daily operations and organizing resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of medical assistant scope of practice
- Sufficient active listening and conflict management skills
- Established skill in facilitating change, cultural integration, retention, and building effective teams.
- Addressing and rectifying patient and/or staff concerns
- High level problem solving skills with flexible solutions for a changing healthcare market.
- Creates and motivates team to generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Uses VMPS to identify a problem, route cause, and engages the team in solutions.
Preferred: Master’s Degree with Ambulatory clinic experience.
Supervisor, RN requires:
- A current licensure as a registered nurse plus one year increasingly responsible health care operations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize the demands of daily operations and organize resources required.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, active listening skills and conflict mediation ability.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and build effective teams also required.
Preferred: A Bachelor's degree in nursing or related area and familiarity with Virginia Mason computer systems applications.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.