Chief Clinical Strategy & Transformation Officer, Seattle, WA
CHIEF CLINICAL STRATEGY & TRANSFORMATION OFFICER, UW MEDICINE
Req #: 162080
Department: UW MEDICINE-OFFICE OF THE CHSO
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Posting Date: 11/13/2018
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Shift: First Shift
Notes: This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
UW Medicine’s mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow’s physicians, scientists and other health professionals. UW Medicine owns or operates Harborview Medical Center (HMC), Northwest Hospital & Medical Center (NWH), Valley Medical Center (VMC), UW Medical Center (UWMC), a network of UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC) that provide primary care, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, Airlift Northwest, and other owned, operated or affiliated entities as appropriate. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children’s University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance a partnership among UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, and Seattle Children’s.
UW Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for a Chief Clinical Strategy and Transformation Officer, UW Medicine. Reporting to the Chief Health System Officer (CHSO), the Chief Clinical Strategy and Transformation Officer (CCSTO) acts on behalf of the CHSO in their absence and has oversight over Clinical Strategic Planning for UW Medicine (UWM), Enterprise Portfolio Management, the UW Medicine Patients Are First Program, the Transformation of Care Department, and other system integration initiatives. The CCSTO is a member of the senior management team for the CHSO and participates in a core team to provide strategic oversight and guidance regarding overall clinical strategy for UW Medicine and its' entities.
In addition, the CCSTO provides strategic oversight over select service lines for UW Medicine. The CCSTO provides strong leadership in strategizing, coordinating, and facilitating opportunities for the CHSO leadership team and overall system. In addition, the CCSTO creates an environment that enhances communication and encourages collaboration across UWM. The CCSTO manages confidential and sensitive issues in all areas of the unit and builds strong, collaborative partnerships with all UW Medicine offices and entities including the Strategic Clinical Business Officer and Associate Vice President for Medical Affairs, the Enterprise Finance Officer and Associate Vice President, as well as all strategic affiliation and joint venture partners.
The CCSTO assures connection to the Graduate Medical Education (GME), Clinical and Translational Sciences Award (CTSA) and Research leadership strategies to accelerate Translational Research.
- Establishes UW Medicine clinical strategic planning team and process. Accountable for the development of UW Medicine’s clinical strategic plan that outlines growth and customer acquisition strategies, competitive analysis, business plans, and performance management.
- Ensures the establishment and management of a new portfolio management function that optimizes enterprise prioritization, planning and budgeting.
- Provides oversight over select service lines; ensures strategic plans are development and implemented on time and on budget in partnership with the Entity leadership teams, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and Chief Business Officer (CBO) offices, the Departments, and other key stakeholders.
- Further develops and manages UW Medicine Patients Are First Program and translates the concepts of service excellence, patient experience, and patient relations into actionable behaviors. Oversight and responsibility for enhancing and continually improving the overall experience of patients and families throughout UW Medicine.
- Clearly defines the optimal patient experience, include the behavioral changes necessary to achieve cultural transformation throughout the entire organization.
- Provides oversight for the UW Medicine Transformation of Care Department/Lean Team and ensures annual targets are developed and are achieved on time and on budget.
- Chairs key system-wide committees and leads special projects as needed. Represents UW Medicine on internal and external boards, associations, and committees as requested by the CHSO.
Master's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Engineering, or related field of graduate study AND at least 12-15 years of demonstrated success in healthcare portfolio management and strategic planning leadership. Background in maximizing performance, quality, and continuous process improvement. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for stated requirements.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.