Chief Operating Officer, Tacoma, WA
Chief Operating Officer
Requisition ID : 1167
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer of TRA Medical Imaging. The COO is a member of the senior management team and is responsible for the daily operations of TRA Medical Imaging and Diagnostic Imaging Northwest facilities. The COO will work closely with the associated physician partner(s) to ensure we deliver the very best care and the very best service to the patients we serve. Chief Operating Officer leads and directs the training and development of the staff in areas such as customer service, communication and is a champion for TRA’s mission and culture. The COO also is involved in the review of operational performance, direction and strategy for all outpatient locations and outpatient support departments.
- Lead senior management position directly overseeing 10 outpatient imaging sites, centralized scheduling and other outpatient support functions.
- Provides leadership in developing continuous performance improvement systems to ensure delivery of high quality, efficient and accessible patient care and ensures that services, administrative protocols, and procedures are implemented consistently across all sites.
- Identifies short- and long-term clinical needs and evaluates current and newly developed programs.
- Acts independently and uses good judgment in both clinical and non-clinical decision making and problem resolution.
- Participates in the development of long-range strategic plans and objectives for practice management, and analyzes organizational systems, policies and procedures, recommending changes to ensure the realization of these goals and objectives.
- Maintains familiarity with and assures compliance with current government and regulatory and contract requirements for delivery of clinical services.
- Directs operations of outpatient sites by identifying operational and clinical issues while working diligently to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots, develops action plans, and executes such plans for continuous quality improvements and customer service.
- Oversees effective change management and project management implementation within the outpatient sites.
- Collaborate effectively across departments and sites within the organization.
The qualified candidate should have knowledge of healthcare organization policies, procedures, systems and objectives, fiscal management, compliance and the ability to manage staff.
- Five+ years’ experience managerial experience, preferably in an outpatient imaging setting or in a physician group or healthcare operations role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, healthcare, or related field required.
- Experience with developing process improvement, staff development and customer service excellence is required.
- Demonstrated success with any combination of the above education and experience will be considered.
- Current driver’s license, valid in the state of Washington is required or other evidence of equivalent mobility.
- The ideal candidate will possess high-level strategic and critical thinking skills commensurate to executive level decision-making.
- Prior experience and/or knowledge with healthcare business development and marketing preferred to meet the challenges of planned future growth.
- The ideal candidate for COO is preferred to have previous experience and success in leading multiple work sites and/or departments in a healthcare environment.
- Further required for this position is the capacity to communicate effectively, both written and verbal with all levels of staff and providers, as open communication is necessary to team-building and team effectiveness.
- The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced changing environment. The COO shall have working experience in the group practice environment.