Director of Health Information Management, Leavenworth, WA
Cascade Medical (CM), a critical access hospital and Rural Health Clinic located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade Foothills of Central Washington, is looking for a full-time Director of Health Information Management (HIM) to work as CM's primary Coder and to manage our Medical Records and Coding efforts and staff.
At CM, there are no corporate silos. Our entire team is accessible at all levels and cultivates a welcoming, dependable work environment. Be a part of an organization that focuses on organizational excellence while enjoying the best of life in a small town that is also a premier Washington travel destination (located ~115 miles from Seattle).
With a competitive salary, generous benefits, and potential for relocation assistance, CM allows you the combination of a work environment you can be proud of and a quality of life you deserve.
Key functions of the department include assembling, storing and safeguarding all types of patient charts and related patient records, coding of patient records to document diagnostic, procedural and related patient information, responding to authorized requests for copies of patient records, and performing incoming and outgoing Continuity of Care transactions. The Director of HIM will spend approximately half of their time coding patient charts, following up with providers to resolve missing documentation or other chart deficiencies, and researching billing claims that have been denied for lack of medical necessity, taxonomy or related problems.
- Coder certification from an accredited program is required*.
- A minimum of one year of supervisory experience in a hospital, outpatient surgical or medical office setting.
- At least one year experience in a Health Information Management department.
- At least six months experience with an Electronic Medical Record system and familiarity with Continuity of Care transactions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
*Are you currently pursuing a Coder certification and meet all of the aforementioned Required Qualifications? If so, we are open to considering you for this position so long as you become certified within six months of employment. Please tell us your story in your cover letter of interest that accompanies your online application of employment.
- Associate Degree in Medical Records Technology from an accredited school or equivalent is desired.
- Registered Health Information Administrator "RHIA" or Registered Health Information Technician "RHIT" certification from an accredited program is desired.
For consideration: Please complete online application and upload cover letter of interest w/salary requirements and resume.