Director-Administrative, Muncie, IN
Requisition Number: 245257
Provides leadership and direction in meeting the health care needs of patients through the operation, development and expansion of quality, patient-centered, and cost-efficient services of IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. Formulates proactive action plans in collaboration with system goals. Executes plans, with and through others, integrating the efforts of various components/entities of the system. Ensures fiscal responsibility and clinical and operational performance improvement initiatives.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Master of Business Administration, Health Care Administration, or related area required or pursuit of MS or MA within a predetermined time allotment.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive management and operations experience in health care administration required, preferably including a teaching hospital or health system environment.
- Member of the American College of Health Care Executives preferred.
- Physical and Mental Requirements: Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills.
- In depth knowledge of fiscal management.
- Outstanding skills in budgeting and statistics.
- Knowledgeable of the principles of change management, conflict resolution, and performance improvement.
- Must have the ability to be sufficiently mobile to access geographically separated areas and facilities.
- Must have the analytical ability to evaluate problem situations and come to appropriate conclusions and solutions. Must have the ability to use judgment and discretion. Must have the ability to juggle and prioritize several assignments simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity and complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, and to reduce complex notions to relatively simple terms. Must have the ability for precision and attention to detail so that complicated and/or multi-faceted assignments can be completed with a high degree of exactness. Must have the ability to work under pressure and stress of time constraints, complex problems, multiple tasks and emotional issues with high concentration and energy levels. Must have the ability and capacity to compose memos, letters, or reports in a clear, concise fashion with appropriate grammar and vocabulary. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, employees, and management staff in writing, over the telephone, through email, and in person using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and word usage. Must have the ability to respond and react immediately with unimpeded auditory perception of verbal/vocal instructions and auditory auscultation. Must have the ability to learn and proficiently perform computer applications related to department operations
- Ball Memorial Hosp-OMP Get Directions
- Medical/Surgical Service Admin 600280
- Full Time
- Name: Morgan Pluckebaum
- Email: email@example.com