Senior Director Finance Population Health, Cleveland, OH
SENIOR DIRECTOR FINANCE POPULATION HEALTH
REQ #: 42006
LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH
FACILITY: CLEVELAND CLINIC MAIN CAMPUS
PROFESSIONAL AREA: FINANCE
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Provides financial oversight for population health business activities including financial planning, accounting, distribution models for value/risk based payments, financial reporting, and budgeting to ensure alignment with the enterprise mission, values and business goals.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic business plans to support population health and enterprise strategic initiatives consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Provides cost and utilization analytics and management.
- Supports contract negotiations by providing financial analytics, forecasts and risk assessments.
- Manages payment integrity to ensure accurate contractual payments recommending areas for improvement and increased efficiency.
- Supports initiatives that lead to accurate medical documentation and coding.
- Develops models for translating financial data into insights to support clinical decision making.
- Provides leadership in the measurement and evaluation of risk arrangements.
- Prepares multiple departmental budgets and ensures that the departments operate in compliance with allocated funding.
- Researches, identifies, and implements financial reporting approaches and methods to facilitate medical cost management, alternative pricing strategies and data analytics.
- Demonstrates strategic and high level knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements relative to departmental operations and ensures compliance with the same.
- Works with product development, data analytics, sales and senior leadership to develop innovative strategies supportive of our population health directives.
- Collaborates with product development data analytics and sales teams to facilitate medical cost management, alternative pricing strategies and comprehensive performance metrics or dashboards.
- Supports product development, data analytics and sales teams to ensure common understanding of potential financial implications and performance metric outcomes balanced with client needs/demands.
- Determines opportunities and identifies solutions to improve capabilities and efficiency of financial reporting.
- Plans, organizes and directs all strategic activities related to staffing, including: hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare administration, accounting or business administration.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification preferred.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in business management, strategic initiatives, operational and capital budgeting processes, financial analysis and reporting.
- Healthcare experience preferred, including a minimum of five years of supervisory and/or project management experience preferred.
- A high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC.
- Normal or corrected vision.
- Frequent sitting, occasional walking, standing and reaching.
- Rarely pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities