Director Access, Mason, OH
Director - Access(Job Number: 051356)
The Manager for the Assessment and Referral Center (ARC) has primary responsibility for the coordination of and ease of access for all services at the Lindner Center of HOPE. This includes the responsibility for the supervision and coordination of the Access Center, including managing resources, schedules, staff development, and report preparation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates all processes and activities in the ARC, ensuring all policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for the performance of the ARC team to meet/exceed key quality and productivity performance expectations.
- Trains and coaches ARC staff. Provides formal and informal feedback to staff members, holding staff accountable to meet expectations. Insures cross training of staff in all areas of admissions.
- Ability to assist Admissions staff as needed during staff PTO or high volume times.
- Ability to assess patients for risk of aggressive/escalating behavior, and ability to effectively manage escalating behavior.
- Analyzes and monitors department data and metrics to provide feedback and reports to continually improve processes and service.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of all LCOH programs and services, and communicates with staff when there are changes in programs or processes.
- Responsible for selection and hiring, scheduling staff with assistance of staffing coordinator, performance management, and other record keeping.
- Holds regularly scheduled staff meetings to provide a forum for open communication and problem resolution and to ensure that goals are being met and policies and procedures are followed.
- Investigates and resolves complaints as it relates to the ARC.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance providers for admission authorization.
- In-depth understanding of the Access screens in EPIC
- Works with marketing staff to develop and maintain relationships with referrers.
- Complies with all applicable local, state, federal and regulatory standards (e.g. OSHA, HIPAA, EMTALA).
- Budget development and monitoring annually.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Master of Social Work degree. Must be licensed in the state of Ohio as a LISW.
- OR Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nursing preferred. 3-5 years’ experience working in a mental health setting required.
- At least two years of management experience preferred. Effective leadership skills and the ability to build a strong department team. Experience leading a multiple disciplinary group.
- Experience in a call center, assessment or intake department preferred. Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate and communicate well both verbally and in written format.
- Experience using Word, Excel in a business environment. Experience with an EMR, preferably EPIC.
- Experience interpreting, communicating and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to clearly and effectively communicate with physicians, patients, staff, consultants and referral agencies.
Organization - Lindner Center of Hope
Primary Location - Lindner Center of Hope - 4075 Old Western Row Road - Mason, OH