Director Bone Marrow Transplant, Park Ridge, IL
Director Bone Marrow Transplant
Req #: 102430
Facility: Lutheran General Hospital
City: Park Ridge
Posting Budget Status: Day
Shift Type: Full Time - Permanent
Posting FTE: 1
- Master's degree in nursing, health care/hospital administration or related field.
- Registered Nurse, State of Illinois
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in transplant program management. (Experience in business and program development and clinical operations)
- 5 additional years related experience.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, organizational skills, effective communication skills.
- Ability to supervise professional and non~professional staff.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Basic computer skills word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, e~mail.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in difficult situations.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and duties at a time.
- Travel to multiple practice sites.
- Demonstrated flexibility in unexpected situations.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in dealing with conflicting situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24~hour basis.
The Director of Bone Marrow Transplant Services is accountable/reports to the Executive Director, Oncology Service Line at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. This role is responsible for the overall management of the Bone Marrow Transplant Program. This includes program design and implementation, financial and human resource management, marketing, public relations, strategic planning and managed care contracting. This role will be the liaison to all other health care organizations within and outside the system for assisting in the transition of care for any referred transplant patient.
The Director of Bone Marrow Transplant Services, due to the complex nature of transplant services, also has broad leadership responsibility for managing organizational interfaces between departments and specifically Laboratory, Imaging, Nursing, Finance, Pharmacy, Social Work, Clinical Research, Medical Staff and other functions as they relate to the provision and financial requirements of the transplant program.
- Initiates ongoing planning, development and implementation of the Bone Marrow Transplant program.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate reporting and oversight to ensure compliance with regulatory organization including but not limited to FACT, CIBMTR, IDPH, CMS, HHS, and other applicable Accrediting Organizations.
- Human Resources Management
- Patient Satisfaction
- Physician Relations
- Professional Growth and Development