Director Nursing Educ & Prof Dev, Downers Grove, IL
Director Nursing Educ & Prof Dev
Req #: 107198
Facility: Support Centers
City: Downers Grove
Posting Budget Status: Day
Shift Type: Full Time - Permanent
Posting FTE: 1
- Bachelor’s of Nursing and Masters degree. Masters degree in Nursing or Education preferred
- License: Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices
- Certification: Nursing Professional Development (RN-BC) preferred or nursing specialty certification
- Must be knowledgable in principles of adult learning theory and capable of creative planning, coordinating and overseeing education and orientation programs through in-person and on-line methods to maximize learning and application of that learning
- Five years minimum in a manager role for nursing education or professional development
- Excellent written and oral communications including strong presentation/speaking skills
- Ability to manage large system projects including concepts of LEAN, A3, and Six Sigma
- Collaborates with interprofessional teams, leaders, stakeholders and others to facilitate nursing practice and positive outcomes to include excleeen interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Resiliency and flexibilty to deal with a changing environment
The Advocate Aurora System Director for Nursing Education and Clinical Development leads, directs and innovates system programs to promote and strengthen the team members transitions to practice and professional development across the care continuum. Using evidence-based practices, this role will analyze, implement and evaluate clinical learning inititiaves to include orientation, onboarding, new graduate residency, regulatory requirements and promote professional role competence and growth of team members in a variety of settings. Additionally, this role will direct system and site clinical development team members and resources across the system in close partnership with site leadership and in collaboration with the interprofessional teams as needed. Develops relationships with academic affiliates throughout the system to promote strong partnership. Actively participates in and aligns work with the strategic planning process for the department.
- Directs the development, coordination and evaluation of professional development activities for team members at all levels across the care continuum in alignment with the system nursing strategic plan
- Advances the clinical profession by contributing to the professional development of others and supporting lifelong learning
- Uses critical thinking and analytical skills including the integration of best available evidence into practice and generating new knowledge through scientific inquiry and research
- Analyzes system issues, trends and supporting data to understand need and validate gaps and then determine the specific knowledge, skill or opportunity
- Advises, consults and influences the design, development, implementation and evaluation of material, learning environments and teaching stratgies appropriate to the situtaion and learners development level, learning needs, readiness, ability to learn and culture
- Directs and supports the coordination, development, and system standardization of transition to practice, professional development and clinical education initiatives
- Develops and implements innovative approaches to ensure role competence for nursing team members at all levels and care settings
- Leads and manages staff performance activities across the system including hiring, discipline, evaluation and team development by providing visibility, support and guidance.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Communicates the vision and goals for system nursing education and assures goals are met