VP Pharmacy Ops, Downers Grove, IL
VP Pharmacy Ops
Req #: 107097
Facility: Support Centers
City: Downers Grove
Posting Budget Status: Day
Shift Type: Full Time - Permanent
Posting FTE: 1
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Illinois state licensure as a Registered Pharmacist.
- ASHP residency preferred
- 5 years experience in a clinical pharmacy management role with demonstrated results.
- 5+ years experience as a Clinical Pharmacist Proficiency in computer office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Familiar with current clinical and therapeutic literature.
- This position needs to recognize the needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated.
- Demonstrates the capability to perform in specialized areas and services.
- Project management skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Familiar with regulatory standards and guidelines (ie. NPSG, Accrediting Organization, Core Measures).
- Good interpersonal skills, to deal with a wide variety of individuals.
- Good analytic skills to make rational decisions about patient care.
- Good communication skills to achieve understanding and acceptance.
- Ability to gather data and prepare cost analysis reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to complete urgent tasks preferentially.
- Schedule flexibility to meet the needs of the system, adaptable to changes in workload and/or work schedule.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of hospital staff.
- Ability to travel to various hospitals.
The VP of Pharmacy Operations will be a dual site/system position. As a multi site leader, the responsibilities will include oversite of pharmacy services. This includes the delivery of professional pharmacy services in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and/or guidelines. The role will include overseeing site Pharmacy Directors and will ensure the representation of pharmacy at site meetings, program development/implementation and strategic initiatives. The VP of Pharmacy Operations will be responsible for the efficient and safe distribution of drugs, staffing, and other system standardization initiatives. This role will have 100+ FTE's reporting up through it.
- Provides system leadership of pharmacy operations.
- Provides leadership over multi hospital pharmacy services.
- Oversees financial aspects of reporting departments.
- Human Resources