Financial Analytics Manager, Scotts Valley, CA
Financial Analytics Manager
Scotts Valley, CA
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will manage and lead the development of data submissions to both the State and internal customers and provide insight to the design and development of reports and modeling used by the Alliance in decision-making. You will use the DataMart and SQL to develop financial analysis and reporting, while overseeing the compilation and submission of the Medi-Cal Rate Development Template (RDT) to the State. You will manage, supervise, mentor and train a team of Analysts. You will work as a project team member for the implementation of new Business Intelligence software and act as a power user and trainer for your team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Take initiative, be driven to get to the root-cause of the why behind reports and data, and work with stakeholders across the organization to help control cost
- Love data, be curious to test their own analysis, and be driven to deliver excellence in their team’s work
- Lead their team with compassion, enthusiasm and support, tuned-in to the work and pulse of the group
- Be excited about building up the organization’s financial analytics capability
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- SQL or other data mining/analytical tools
- Healthcare plan costing and forecasting
- Financial analytical and complex abstract reasoning concepts
- Supervision and leadership principles and best practices
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate the work of staff
- Develop work plans and workflows and organize and prioritize team activities
- Define issues, interpret data, identify solutions, and make recommendations for action
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or another related field (Econ, Math, etc.)
- Six years of experience performing financial and cost analysis in a healthcare environment, which must have included some lead or supervisory responsibility (or a Master’s degree and four years of experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Fresh Fruit Delivery
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more!
For a complete position description and to apply online, please visit our careers website at http://www.ccah-alliance.org/careers.html
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.