Director Patient Safety, Aurora, CO
Facility: University of Colo Hospital
Department: Clinical Quality
Shift: 1st Shift - Days
Scheduled Days & Hours: 80 hrs/pp, Days and hours may vary
Requisition number: 71445
Director Patient Safety
Directs the department's activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and organization. Leads, plans, designs, assesses, and facilitates organization-wide activities related to patient safety.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field.
- 3 years of experience in hospital patient safety.
- 2 years of management experience.
- Certification in patient safety.
- Skills and Abilities
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to strategize and implement proactive patient safety program. Understands improvement methodology and application as it relates to patient safety. Must be able to work in fast-paced progressive environment and take appropriate action.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.