Director of Outpatient Services, Englewood, CO
Director of Outpatient Services
Full Time, Days, 8:00 - 4:30
Req # 2856
The Director of Outpatient Services is responsible for overseeing the program direction and program outcomes in the Outpatient Services Department. This position will promote high standards of performance in the areas of patient care, ethics and professional behavior and create a positive atmosphere conducive to staff development, learning and teamwork. This position is responsible for promoting clinical innovation and evidence based practice and providing consistent evaluation of patient care outcomes. The Director of Outpatient Services will oversee the front information desk department including staffing and all operations and budget.
- Licensure/Certification/Registrations: BLS for the Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association preferred. Certifications as required by licensure in appropriate clinical field. Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy or Physical Therapy certification/licensure strongly preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in clinically-related field required. Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy or Physical Therapy degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience required; Clinical experience working with traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord preferred.
- Skills & Abilities: Excellent organization and customer service skills. Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and prioritize and schedule accordingly. Must be able to successfully and effectively communicate with a variety of personnel. Advanced supervisory, team-building, conflict resolution, and communication skills, both verbal and written required. Ability to determine or interpret work procedures for a group of workers, assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting efficiency. Work collaboratively with other departments and physicians. Able to respond to crisis’ and emergency situations appropriately. Ability to develop institutional educational and research policies and programs, quality improvement programs, and operational policies and procedures. Ability to use professional judgment to identify areas for improvement and participate in development of quality initiatives. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position. Proven analytical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills. Ability to make formal presentation in front of large groups. Creative and able to be an “out of the box” thinker. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Provide direction and supervision of department personnel, demonstrate professional judgment, use problem solving techniques and delegate appropriately. Provide direction for new program development and new equipment.
- Responsible for the implementation and coordination of department procedures based on the policies and procedures of the department. Review and analyze reports, records, and directives and confer with coworkers to obtain data required for planning department activities.
- Develop and manage a house-wide operating and capital budget for building improvements and office equipment. Monitor concurrently. Monitor and analyze costs associated with supplies, staffing, etc.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory agency requirements, including but not limited to; The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), State and Local agencies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), etc.
- Administer, manage and ensure effective coordination of outpatient programs through interdepartmental collaboration and direct supervision of program managers and supervisors.
- Work closely with the Outpatient Medical Director, Outpatient Managers and Outpatient Admissions Supervisor to align services with leadership & departmental strategic goals.
- Create an environment that supports the delivery of quality care to patients.
- Collaborate with the outpatient management team and therapy directors to assess and allocate staff resources based on patient needs.
- Work closely with the clinic nursing staff regarding patient care coordination through the outpatient department.
- Develop and implement department goals and objectives. Serve as a change facilitator, assisting others to understand the importance, necessity and impact of change.
- Provide and organize individual and group staff educational opportunities, maintaining department’s competency level. Develop and manage proficiency of annual staff competency expectations.
- Monitor all departmental equipment. Direct and plan new equipment acquisition, monitor repairs and maintenance and equipment certification.
- Provide staff education/precept new staff, interns or students.
- Provide a staffing matrix that effectively provides adequate coverage. Analyze employee workload and adjust as necessary.
- Provide leadership in the development of performance standards for all departmental personnel. Evaluate and counsel employees on their performance in a professional and timely manner. Plan and develop education in-services for the department as appropriate.