Sales Manager, San Francisco, CA
CHINESE COMMUNITY HEALTH PLAN
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports To: Director, Business Development & Operations
Contact: Lydia Chan at (415) 677-2490 or email: LydiaC@chasf.org
Working at Chinese Community Health Plan
Established in 1986, Chinese Community Health Plan (CCHP) is the health plan subsidiary of Chinese Hospital. Our mission is to provide culturally competent and linguistically appropriate health care at an affordable price to community businesses and individuals who are generally not served by the broader health insurance market. CCHP also offers a Medicare Advantage HMO and Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan. If you want to help improve community health in a collaborative team-oriented environment, CCHP is the right place for you. We offer a competitive benefits package and a great place to work.
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and managing new sales and customer retention plans through a collaborative team approach. The effective candidate overseas the daily activities of the Sales Department and must demonstrate effective working relationships with brokers/agents, community-based organizations, providers and customers. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. The position provides timely market insight to aid in the refinement of marketing strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for developing and implementing new sales and customer retention strategies to achieve account retention, new sales goals by targeted lines of businesses
- Produces timely, accurate sales management reports on new sales and customer retention for senior management
- Accountable for the overall effectiveness of sales and customer retention channel including but not limited to direct sales team, brokers/agents, community-based organizations and providers.
- Identify key competitors in the marketplace, report competitive developments & trends for organizational strategic planning
- Assists with compilation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for employer bids to win business
- Deliver effective presentations to broad audiences to promote engagements with CCHP
- Participates with new product development and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Manages department budget
- Accepts other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Health Plan sales with supervisory responsibilities
- Proven history of achieving or exceeding organizational sales goals
- BS/BA in business administration or health care related field of study or equivalent years of experience
- Possess CA insurance license or attain within 90 days of hiring
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills; Chinese language is not necessary but a big plus.
- Have a valid driver license, access to their own vehicle and be able travel locally on a regular basis
- Must be ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and stand for prolonged periods of time during events
This document complies with CCHP Compliance Handbook including Code of Ethics and all statutes, regulations, guidelines applicable to federal and state programs. Responsibilities include, following the guidelines and reporting suspected violations of any statute, regulations, agreements or guidelines applicable to all healthcare programs.