Court Evaluator, Seattle, WA
Court Evaluator (Full-Time)
Inpatient Admin NU – Seattle, Washington
Position Summary: Navos is currently seeking a talented and energetic Court Evaluator to serve in our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital. The Court Evaluator is responsible for the assessment, documentation and testimony needed to represent Navos Inpatient Services interests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the assessment, documentation and testimony needed to represent Navos Inpatient Services interests in court proceedings regarding 14 day, 90 day and 180 day commitment proceedings and other related matters under Washington Administrative Code regulations and RCW 71.05.
- Works to ensure effective communication between the interdisciplinary team, Navos Legal Coordinator and representatives of the King County Civil Court.
- Works directly with the acutely mentally ill in a professional and ethical manner.
- Performs all duties in a thorough manner and within the time frames required while utilizing minimal supervision.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Thorough knowledge of Washington Administrative Code regulations and the RCW 71.05.
- Extensive knowledge in the evaluation of patients with mental disorders and the ability to clearly and effectively communicate findings in both a verbal and written manner.
- Committed to working with an interdisciplinary approach.
- Ability to retain composure and work effectively and professionally in stressful situations.
Education and Experience
- PhD/PsyD or Master's Level Degree in behavioral sciences, preferably in social work or psychology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional licensure in a behavioral field required (LICSW, etc.).
- Experience working with acutely mentally ill adults.
- Experience in court evaluations and testimony preferred, but not required.
What we can offer you:
- A unique learning opportunity and the chance to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that encourages growth, creative thinking, and contemporary learning.
- Competitive compensation
- 30 days Paid Time Off in your first year
- 401k Plan
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of an updated background investigation.
About Navos: At Navos, we offer a healing home for children, young people and adults who may be underserved, overlooked or otherwise at risk of falling through the cracks. Our mission is to transform the quality of life for people vulnerable to mental illness and substance abuse disorders by providing a broad spectrum of care. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity are vital to living our values and achieving our mission.
Navos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.