Emergency Department Medical Director/Physician, Leavenworth, WA
Cascade Medical (CM), a critical access hospital located in beautiful downtown Leavenworth in the Cascade Foothills of Central Washington, is looking for a Board Certified Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Emergency Physician to serve as ED Medical Director and work full-time in our Emergency Department (ED) with fantastic colleagues and support staff as well as our wonderful patients in a supportive community environment.
We are a 3,300 visit per year Level V trauma certified ED, with a hospital based EMS system, and single provider coverage. In addition, we are a teaching site for the University of Washington (UW) School of Medicine and the UW Medex PA training program.
Our physician-led ED and Clinic are driven by the best interests of our patients. Be a part of an organization that focuses on clinical excellence while enjoying the best of life in a small town that is also a premier Washington travel destination (located ~115 miles from Seattle).
With a competitive salary, generous benefits, and potential for relocation assistance, CM allows you the combination of a work environment you can be proud of and a quality of life you deserve.
Job Responsibilities (which are not all inclusive):
- Oversee all aspects of care from the time of presentation through discharge.
- Accept all patients presenting to the ED.
- Assess, triage and treat patients according to current Emergency Medicine standards.
- Demonstrate consistent, efficient, cost effective, quality Emergency Medicine care at all times.
- Serve as ED Medical Director.
- Maintain utilization of ancillary and pharmacy services within accepted managed care standards.
- Meet established health information and hospital standards for documentation and turnaround times.
- Perform occasional low-volume admission, discharge and rounding with inpatients on weekends.
- Report quality of care issues promptly to the appropriate individuals.
- Participate in the education/training of hospital personnel, medical/PA students, etc., as requested.
- Comply with all regulatory and trauma designation/verification requirements.
- Comply with standardized protocols and CM's organizational values and behavioral standards.
- MD or DO through accredited program consistent with CM's medical staff by-laws and credentialing requirements.
- Completion of an accredited residency program.
- Board certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine (w/current, extensive ED experience); or
- Board certified Emergency Medicine.
- Current license to practice medicine in Washington State as a medical doctor with no deficiencies.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification.
To apply: Please send CV and cover letter of interest w/salary requirements to Diane Blake, Cascade Medical Center CEO.