Nurse Practitioner, Portland, OR
Cedar Hills Hospital and Outpatient Services - located just 15 minutes from downtown Portland - is a 94-bed, free-standing psychiatric hospital and outpatient center specializing in mental health and substance use disorder treatment. We provide a wide range of services and programs that offer evidence-based treatment proven to have positive outcomes for our patients. Our inpatient and outpatient services offer supportive and compassionate care through specialty programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our patients. Our mission is to provide safe, effective, and compassionate mental health and substance use treatment.
Per diem and on-call opportunities
Summary: Consults and collaborates with psychiatrists and other team members to improve patient care, maintain standards of care, directing and teaching personnel in a hospital setting. Also evaluates and adjusts psychotropic medications under appropriate supervision.
- Performing psychiatric evaluations and necessary follow-up related to medication management, reviewing patients’ medical problems and making recommendation for specialty care or follow-up needs outside of CHOS and determining consultation needs.
- Supports staff during patient crisis situations, completes evaluation for patients needing higher level of care.
- Participates in weekly treatment team meetings, guiding treatment and discharge needs as appropriate as needed.
- Completes appropriate documentation related to patient care.
Minimum job requirements:
- Education: Master’s degree in psychiatric nursing and completion of a post graduate program for psychiatric mental health nursing.
- Experience: Two or more years’ experience within a psychiatric setting and two years’ experience working within an inpatient setting is preferred.
- Licensure: Licensed to practice in the state as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority from the state. CPR certification is required.
- Other requirements: Working knowledge of the DSM-V, the Mental Status Exam, and psychiatric medications is required.
- Training: Completion of Crisis Management and Service Excellence training must occur within 90 days of employment and prior to assisting in any restraining procedures. May be required to work occasional overtime and flexible hours.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program to all benefit eligible employees.
All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 971 228 8019.