Psychiatrist, Portland, OR
Cedar Hills Hospital and Outpatient Services - located just 15 minutes from downtown Portland - is a 94-bed, free-standing psychiatric hospital and outpatient center specializing in mental health and substance use disorder treatment. We provide a wide range of services and programs that offer evidence-based treatment proven to have positive outcomes for our patients. Our inpatient and outpatient services offer supportive and compassionate care through specialty programs that are tailored to meet the needs of our patients. Our mission is to provide safe, effective, and compassionate mental health and substance use treatment.
Per diem and on-call opportunities
Summary: Consults and collaborates with psychiatrists and other team members to improve patient care, maintain standards of care, directing and teaching personnel in a hospital setting. Also evaluate and adjust psychotropic medication sunder and provide the appropriate supervision if needed.
- Performing psychiatric evaluation and necessary follow-up related to medication management, reviewing patients’ medical problems and making recommendations for specialty care or follow-up needs outside of Cedar Hills Hospital or Cedar Hills Outpatient Services and determining consultation needs.
- Supporting staff during patient crisis situations either medical or psychiatric, and completing evaluation for patients needing higher level of care.
- Actively participates in weekly treatment team meetings, guiding treatment and discharge needs as appropriate as needed.
- Completes appropriate documentation related to patient care.
Minimum job requirements:
- Education: PHD in related field required.
- Experience: Two or more years’ experience within a psychiatric setting. A minimum of two years’ experience working within an inpatient setting is preferred.
- Licensure: Board certified or board eligible in psychiatry and current Oregon State medical license in good standing is required.
- Additional Requirements: Working knowledge of the procedures and techniques utilized in psychiatric medicine, in concurrence with American Psychiatric Association guidelines is required.
- Training: Completion of an accredited residency in psychiatry in either the United States or Canada is required.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program to all benefit eligible employees.
All interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 971 228 8019.