Manager, Integrated Behavioral Health, South San Francisco, CA
MANAGER, INTEGRATED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Manager of Integrated Behavioral Health. Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, the Manager, Integrated Behavioral Health is responsible for leading member, team, and cohort level behavioral health integration. This role will help create and implement initiatives targeting continuity of care between physical and behavioral health to promote wellness of HSPM members. Additionally, this role will directly supervise Health Homes Program staff and drive program implementation. This Manager plays an integral role in driving HPSM’s population health management portfolio of programs.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Serve as a clinical expert for complex psychosocial challenges amongst HPSM members.
- In conjunction with Training and Health Education Specialists, devise and implement trainings on a variety of behavioral health symptoms, treatments, and resources to increase staff comfort and competency in working with complex members.
- Directly assist with care and transitions coordination of behavioral health related services in conjunction with medical care and transitions coordination teams.
- Serve as a clinical liaison and help drive service coordination with community partners such as GGRC, BHRS, and Magellan.
- Facilitate monthly case conferences with BHRS.
- Drive program implementation of HHP with a specific focus on quality of care, consistency of care models, and clinical excellence.
- NCQA and other compliance activities, especially related to delegation oversight needs
- Exemplify and promote continuous performance improvement within Integrated Behavioral Health team and Health Services Department.
- Work collaboratively with and assist peers and leaders across HPSM departments as needed to support HPSM program development and program effectiveness.
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and implementing corrective action steps when necessary; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Complete performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Policy and procedure reviews and updates.
- Assist Director of Behavioral Health in special initiatives, new programming, team development, and staff supervision.
- Collaborate with other HPSM staff and departments for program development, implementation, and execution.
- Review data for trends and program initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Masters of Social Work, Masters of Family Therapy or Doctorate in Psychology with current unrestricted CA licensure required. Minimum of 5 years related experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory or management capacity. At least 1 year of program development/implementation experience preferred. At least 1 year of clinical care delivery experience preferred
Knowledge of: Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Behavioral Health symptoms, diagnoses, and treatment. San Mateo (or other) County based Behavioral Health System. Community case management, service linkage, and integrated behavioral and physical health. Data reporting and analytics
Ability to: Work cooperatively with others. Work as part of a team and support team decisions. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: - Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.