RN - Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit, Kirkland, WA
RN - Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit
Job Title RN - Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit
Department Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit
Date posted 02/27/2019
Salary Offers Competitive Wage & Generous Benefit Package
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced nurse to join the Cardiovasular & Neurosurgical Care Unit team. Progressive care nursing (PCU) and/ or Telemetry nursing is required.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
- Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
- Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
- Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider ACLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- BSN or MSN
•This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA).