RN - Float Pool, Kirkland, WA
Job Title RN - Float Pool
Department Nursing Resources
Date posted 02/28/2019
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced RN to join the Nursing Resources Float Pool Team.
Progressive Care and Telemetry Nursing experience are required.
- Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
- Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
- Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
- Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
- Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
- Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
- Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
- Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
Qualifications: License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider ACLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider PALS certification by date of hire (For Emergency Department only)
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in Nursing
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within 5 years of employment.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington