Physician, Willows, CA
Join Our Team!
Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. is a growing outpatient community clinic with several locations looking to add a Physician to our team.
The Physician is responsible for providing or supervising medical care in assigned patients.
- Provide direct medical services to program patients.
- Provide assistance in establishment, review and revision of Medical Department protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining professional relationship with ancillary medical, laboratory and pharmaceutical services within the community.
- Evaluate abnormal laboratory studies, X-rays and other tests and prescribe treatment as necessary.
- Evaluate patients with complex problems and refer to appropriate specialists if problem cannot be treated in-house.
- Work in conjunction with other Medical Clinic personnel in providing ongoing health education and information on preventative medicine.
- Participate in providing initial obstetrical services and refer patients for obstetrical care and delivery.
- Assist in Clinical staff in quality assurance and peer review.
- Responsible for obtaining necessary continuing medical education credits. A significant portion of which should be specifically relevant to Indian Health issues.
- Keep medical licensor, DEA registration and CPR certification current.
- Maintains the standards of patient care and implements the policies and procedures of the Medical Department.
- Responsible for communicating problems identified involving personnel, medical staff, patients, families and the general public to the Clinic Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Medical Director.
- Licensed California Physician (Board Certified in Family Practice preferred).
- Two (2) years clinical experience in direct delivery of primary care preferred.
- Sensitive to Indian culture and health needs.
- Current DEA registration.
- Current CPR card.
- Indian preference. Preference in filling vacancies is give to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, NVIH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All NVIH employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the NVIH’s policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Open until filled.
To apply, go to www.nvih.org or mail an application to 257 N. Butte Street, Willows, Ca 95988 Attn: J. Cunningham