Clinical Services Manager, Bellingham, WA
Clinical Services Manager, Administration (19-06)
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States
Title: Clinical Services Manager
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Position: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Administration Office
This position is responsible for the quality of clinical staff services in collaboration with Practice Managers and physicians, while adhering to FCN company policies and standards. Also serves as a resource and supports FCN clinical quality programs and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides professional expertise within and outside of the organization. Facilitates opportunities to increase efficiencies, competencies, and financial success.
- Supports clinical staff development and performance: In conjunction with the Practice Managers and physicians, leads the development of expanded team roles for clinical staff.
- Ensures clinical staff performance supports quality principles while adhering to Local, State, and Federal Laws, National Ambulatory standards of practice, licensure and scope of practice.
- Collaborate with Chief Medical officer to identify clinical training needs and facilitate the implementation of FCN quality initiatives.
- Supervise development/implementation of a clinical training program for all FCN Medical Assistants.
- Clinical Resource for management and staff.
- Resource to FCN ancillary programs as needed.
- Navigates patient concerns and complaints collaborating with CMO, clinic physicians, Practice Managers and clinical staff as needed.
- Establishes, leads and maintains a patient advocacy effort coordinating internal resources and external partnerships
- Immunization program oversight.
- Represents FCN for community health.
- Responsible for maintaining FCN’s Continuous Quality Improvement Plan (CQIP) program, communicating any concerns and trends to Administrative physician responsible for CQIP.
- Be a resource for HR in reference to FCN required immunizations being kept current and received in a timely manner. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program Bachelors of Science in Nursing or higher; or experience specific to job Hold a current Washington State Health Care RN license
- Clinical experience in a primary care group outpatient setting.
- Experience as a registered nurse for at least 5 years, and management experience in a medical environment.
- Experience with new program development and/or change management.
- Effectively manage stress.
- Discern and maintains confidentiality (i.e. HIPAA, proprietary information, disciplinary actions, etc.).
- Works as part of a team, models a positive work ethic and customer friendly relations.
- Prioritize and multitask detailed projects with frequent interruptions.
- Solve problems, issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working with MS Word, Excel, email and Databases.
- Experience and comfort working within electronic medical records systems.
- Comprehend and communicate information accurately and clearly (verbally and in writing, in person and via phone) with patients, all levels of personnel, and other individuals and groups.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger coordination, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Adhere to company immunization policy. Immunizations required: Influenza, Tdap, MMR, Varicella or a verified history of chicken pox disease, PPD and any additional immunizations determined necessary for the protection of staff and patients. Family Care Network will cover the cost of required immunizations for Family Care Network employees; immunizations will be administered by Family Care Network staff. Hepatitis B strongly recommended.
Family Care Network is a Drug-Free, Equal Opportunity Employer.