Pharmacist - Per Diem, Ellensburg, WA
Pharmacist - Per Diem
603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA
Who is KVH...
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics include family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedics, general surgery, women’s health, pediatrics, workplace health and urgent care. Specialty services provide home health and hospice, physical, speech and occupational therapies, and a geriatric nurse practitioner program.
The staff pharmacist will be responsible for the provision of progressive and comprehensive pharmaceutical services to the hospital patients and the retail pharmacy. The staff pharmacist will work closely with other health care providers to ensure positive patient outcomes associated with safe medication practices. The retail pharmacy fills prescriptions for KVH Hospice under a collaborative practice agreement with our Hospice Medical Director utilizing algorithms approved by the Board of Pharmacy
What is required...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Washington
- Familiarity with Automated Dispensing Cabinetry (ex. Pyxis)
- Current CPR card (maintenance required)
- ACLS and PALS cards by 01/01/2020 (maintenance required)
What is preferred...
- Two years’ work experience in a hospital setting
- Amerisource Bergen, Cerner experience
- CPOE, Emar, Rx Informatics experience
- Bar Code at the Bedside experience
- Retail Pharmacy Experience
- Knowledge of the 340B Program
- Prior experience with Hospice protocols and guidelines
Wage: Wage range starts at $49.30/hour; actual starting wage will depend on years' of applicable experience. This position is also eligible to receive an additional 15% in lieu of benefits.
FTE: Per Diem; filling in for holiday, sick, and vacation
Benefits: This position is not eligible for benefits