EMR Trainer, Bellingham, WA
EMR Trainer, Administration (19-12)
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States
Title: EMR Trainer
Position: Full-time (40 hrs./week) non-exempt, hourly
Location: FCN Administration
The primary function of the EMR Trainer is to provide training to all users of the Family Care Network Electronic Medical Records platform (EMR) and related systems. The EMR Trainer will develop EMR and other related training content and materials based on chart reviews and input from management and users. The EMR Trainer will provide on-boarding EMR training and subsequent trainings on system enhancement, upgrades and related work flows. This position will support any new or upgraded implementation models. Implementation tasks will include testing in support environments, redesigning clinical work flows, facilitating end-user application trainings and supporting go-live activities. The EMR Trainer will document and monitor new and existing workflows and their associated procedures. The EMR Trainer will also be involved in the development of necessary policies and procedures and will bring forward related issues that require resolution. The EMR Trainer also will be expected to cover aspects of general EMR support provided primarily by other team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess/reassess EMR skills gaps and create topic and/or team-specific training programs
- Conduct in person, one-on-one training, and or on-line sessions to refresh knowledge of users as needed or required by changes.
- Create/maintain training guides based on new information and/or best practices
- Conduct observations of users in their work environment to identify areas for improvement and suggestions to workflow design
- Document workflow design, identify areas for improvement and facilitate improvement among FCN users
- Evaluate and analyze FCN EMR features and functionality for problem resolution
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all EMR users; provide user-reported problems using available tools, procedures and policies
- Assess and escalate user-reported problem in a timely manners; decide which issues need to be elevated to EMR management and/or IT support
- Provide cross-cover for the EMR support team
- Travel to all FCN Whatcom and Skagit county sites required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge base of computer technology and essential EMR application functions
- 3-5 years of experience that includes EMR training experience and IT support
- Excellent organizational, time management analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with all levels of clinical, administrative and support staff
- Ability to prioritize and multitask detailed projects with frequent interruptions
- Proven ability to solve problems, issues and concerns in a professional manner
- Effective management of personal stress
- Experience working in primary care clinic or other health care setting is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English required; (proficiency in Spanish a plus)
- Familiarity with Centricity Practice Solutions strongly preferred
Performing the duties of this job requires ability to: stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; use hand to finger coordination, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Adhere to company immunization policy. Immunizations required: Influenza, Tdap, MMR, Varicella or a verified history of chicken pox disease, PPD and any additional immunizations determined necessary for the protection of staff and patients. Family Care Network will cover the cost of required immunizations for Family Care Network employees; immunizations will be administered by Family Care Network staff. Hepatitis B strongly recommended.
Family Care Network is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer