Medical Director, Pediatric, Bend, OR
Medical Director, Pediatric
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative community health center system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment. Our organization maintains a HPSA rating of 17 and qualifies for National Health Scholars, National Health Service Corps and other Loan Repayment Programs.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
This position provides direct patient care and on-site clinical leadership.
- Provides direct patient care at a minimum of 75%, including preventive care, primary diagnosis and treatment in a primary care clinic setting.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Effectively utilizes team based care model, leveraging expertise of all members of multi-disciplinary team.
- Reviews incoming results/reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG), paperwork, refills, etc, and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Mentors, coaches, and serves as advocate for providers (MD, DO, NP, PA, BHC, ND).
- Works with Clinic Managers to translate actionable items from strategic plan at site level.
Skills & Knowledge
Understands and has experience with fiscal accountability and budgeting. Knowledge of quality infrastructure, including how to develop and implement decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines, care management programs, and outcome measurement assessments. Knowledge of information technology, including statistical analysis, clinical epidemiology, and medical informatics; understanding best practices and how to successfully introduce information technology into clinical practice. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build consensus with the ability to engage clinicians and staff. Knowledge of medical coding, both ICD-9 and CPT.