Staff Physician, Clovis, CA
Family Practice or Internal Medicine physician or Nurse Practitioner to work Monday-Friday; no evenings, weekends, holidays or on-call required.
Location 2740 Herndon Ave., Clovis, CA 93611, United States
Employee Type Regular Full Time
Job Category Physician
Minimum Experience 3 Years
Required Degree Doctorate
Manage Others Yes
The Staff Physician holds a “Safety Sensitive” position and will see, evaluate and treat patients in the main and satellite clinics of Central Valley Indian Health, Inc. This is to include all family practice care. Responsible for HIPPA Compliance.
- Provide, and assure other clinic staff provide, quality medical services to all patients treated by the clinic, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, referrals to specialists, prescription refills, etc.
- Provide thorough and timely documentation of all patient visits, phone calls, etc.
- Promote continuity of care through health instruction, follow-up visits, and telephone contacts and coordinate care as needed with the Outreach Department.
- Participate in the annual review and approval all Medical protocols used by the clinic.
- Participate in the CVIH peer review program, pursuant to written procedures.
- Ensure that a licensed nurse is present whenever medical services are provided.
- Assist in quality assurance protocols, adherence to Licensing, Accreditation, IHS and any other required standards under the direction of the Medical Director.
- Maintain recordkeeping standards as defined by the Medical Director in the use of electronic medical records.
- Ensure productivity goals are met
- Ensure compliance with CVIH Pharmacy Formulary
- Ensure and maintain clinic schedule compliance
- Maintain Code of Conduct for Health Care Compliance.
- Attend clinic committees as assigned
- Any other duties assigned to the employee by his or her direct supervisor or CVIH management.
- A current California MD or Do license
- Current ACLS
- Current DEA
- Clearance from CA Medical Board, OIG & National Practitioner Databank
- Preference in hiring is given to qualified American Indians in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian heritage certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation.