Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Dermatology, Seattle, WA
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Dermatology
Management | Fulltime - Regular | Seattle, WA, US | 40 hours per week
Job Number: 190185
Hours: 7:00am - 5:30pm
We are seeking strong nurse leader to join high volume/demand Dermatology Service Line within Virginia Mason, complete with 7 dermatologists, 1 Mohs surgeon and a phototherapy program. The section of Dermatology at Virginia Mason is proud to be the largest dermatology practice in the region. We offer a complete range of cosmetic and general dermatology services for all skin types and ages. The Virginia Mason Medi Spa was voted the best medi spa in 2016 by readers of Seattle magazine.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor in Dermatology will be responsible for:
- Leading and supporting the development of our Certified Medical Assistants
- Strengthening the development of the Medical Assistant scope of practice work.
- Supporting our providers to ensure safe practice of patient care
- Ensuring maximum capacity of daily work flow is met in a safe and friendly manner.
- Directly supervising a team of 15-20 Medical Assistants.
As an integral member of our leadership team, you will contribute to the strength of our team approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Virginia Mason’s facilities include a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
This role is eligible for Management Variable Compensation as well as eligible for the tuition assistant program.
- A current licensure as a registered nurse plus one year increasingly responsible health care operations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize the demands of daily operations and organize resources required.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, active listening skills and conflict mediation ability.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change and build effective teams also required.
Preferred: A Bachelor's degree in nursing or related area and familiarity with Virginia Mason computer systems applications.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.