Caregivers - Home Care, Portland, OR
EQC Home Care is dedicated to providing exceptional, cost effective, family focused care for the medically complex client. Our goal is to meet the client’s needs in the nurturing environment of their home, minimize the impact of the client’s condition on the family while respecting the role of the family in the care of the client.
Caregivers Needed - Flexible hours, Benefits, Training Provided
Purpose: Providing day-to-day and/or medical care for the elderly, disabled, ill and others in the comfort of their own homes.
- Providing warm and welcoming care in the client’s home
- Attending to client's needs, wants, and other suggestions about their care
- Establishing a relationship with each client and members of clients' families
- Assisting client with Activities of Daily Living including: Continence, Transferring, Toileting, Dressing, and Bathing
- Assisting with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living: Using the telephone, Shopping, Preparing food, Housekeeping, Doing laundry, Transportation, and Handling medication
- Observing and recording care notes regarding client’s condition and wellbeing
- Responding to medical and other emergencies immediately
- Reporting incidents accordingly
*The above list consists of some of the responsibilities a caregiver will encounter since each client has a unique care plan tailored to their needs*
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly
- We provide training, therefore prior caregiver experience is a plus but is not required
- Successful candidate must be reliable, patient, attentive, as well as respectful
- The preferred candidate must have reliable transportation, valid ID, and a working phone
Apply today to learn more about how we accommodate your work schedule, benefits you'd be eligible for, and the training that we equip our caregivers with!
Training provided if no prior experience.
CPR preferred, but CPR classes are also provided if renewal is needed.