Director of Finance, Tacoma, WA
Director of Finance
Under direction of the CEO, the Director of Finance is the lead senior management position with day to day responsibilities overseeing the accounting, payroll, billing, finance and reporting functions for a combined $125M+, multiple entity organization that is comprised of TRA Medical Imaging, Diagnostic Imaging NW, The Carol Milgard Breast Centers and other TRA Medical Imaging Affiliates. This position is responsible for supporting the organization and its affiliates across all areas related to finance, reimbursement and business performance including revenue growth, operational efficiency, strategic financial planning & financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, directs, oversees and the activities of the accounting, payroll, accounts payable, billing, budgeting and compliance departments for TRA Medical Imaging.
- Drives business performance including, the execution of business strategies to grow revenue, increase profitability and contain costs.
- Oversees the billing and collection activities of the organization.
- Partners with CEO and senior leadership on various projects and other strategic initiatives that support TRA’s continued growth and profitability.
- Works this the accounting team to ensure adequate cash and cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal and operating reporting activities and systems for the organization, including the production of monthly and real time key metric reports, as well as financial statements and other ad-hoc requests by senior management
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls and risk mitigation to safeguard assets of the organization.
- Train staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Develop and manage banking and lending activities of the organization.
- Oversees effective change management and project management implementation within the outpatient sites.
- Collaborate effectively across departments and sites within the organization.
The qualified candidate should have knowledge of healthcare organization policies, procedures, systems and objectives, fiscal management, compliance and the ability to manage staff.
- 5+ years’ experience managing or supervising accounting technical and analytical staff is required; preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Experience with healthcare billing, coding and collections is highly desirable.
- Current driver’s license, valid in the state of Washington is required or other evidence of equivalent mobility.
- A bias towards creating a work culture of “high trust” by ensuring team members are providing outstanding customer service, a high quality work product with a bias towards exceeding expectations and consistently meeting deadlines.
- A systems thinker who is able to see the “big picture” while still ensuring the functioning of the various components.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board rules and regulations.
- Skilled at developing staff to their full potential, encouraging personal growth, and ensuring that the appropriate people and skill sets are available to the organization.
- Ability to interact effectively with physicians, clinical staff, management, and external professional staff.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and other compliance and regulatory issues.
- An inquisitive and tenacious nature, eager to learn and willing to drive innovation.
- A team player, with the ability to bring new ideas to the team and to openly and regularly share knowledge with the team.
- Consistently exhibits the highest standards of ethics and integrity through his/her actions, decisions and interactions (internally and externally).
- High intelligence with effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and listening skills.
- The ability to create, direct, and implement corporate objectives in an environment with a high sense of urgency.
- Experience building compliance and standardization of processes.
- Experience across a variety of functions: financial reporting, accounting, debt financing leases, billing and other financial related activities.
- A "hands-on" management style with the interpersonal skills required to build a successful team and the desire to motivate, inspire, and develop management team members.
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities, patients, and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively.
Work is classified as sedentary in physical requirements. Requires the ability to lift/carry 1-5 pounds frequently, occasionally 10 pounds maximum.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure to ionizing radiation.