Grant Writer, Ellensburg, WA
Grant Writer - Full Time
603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA
Who is KVH...
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics include family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedics, general surgery, women’s health, pediatrics, workplace health and urgent care. Specialty services provide home health and hospice, physical, speech and occupational therapies, and a geriatric nurse practitioner program.
This position has the primary function of identifying funding opportunities that support the mission of KVH and furthers the work of KVH and its community partners. Will be primarily responsible for managing the entire grant process; from identifying appropriate opportunities through submission and ensuring compliance with grant requirements. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of community networks that will help improve the social determinates of health and identifying grant opportunities that would support and meet KVH goals. This position works closely with all community partners in order to develop and implement grant and other fundraising opportunities that meets the Mission and Goals of KVH. This position reports to KVH Chief Executive Officer.
What is required...
- Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, or related field. Equivalent and pertinent experience may be considered in lieu of some education
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a foundation, non-profit or other comparable fields or equivalent experience in organizational fundraising, events planning or related position
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent leadership skills, initiative, creativity
What is preferred...
- Previous healthcare experience
- Previous experience working in a healthcare foundation entity
- Strong critical thinking skills; logical and deliberate decision-making
- Experience working successfully with volunteer boards, community members and businesses
- Experience with desktop publishing and fundraising software
- Demonstrated success in acquiring foundation support through successful grant applications
Wage: Wage range starts at $56,000/year. Actual starting wage will be based on years' of applicable and relevant experience.
FTE: 1.0 = 40 hours/week; Exempt
Benefits: This position is eligible for benefits, including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, and much more!