Manager, Payroll, Fairfield, CA
Full Time Exempt
Location: Fairfield, CA (Green Valley Area)
Under the leadership of the AVP Finance/Controller, the payroll manager carries out the strategy and vision for Payroll supporting NorthBay Healthcare’s strategic plan, quality commitment, and values, while complying with the system’s policies / procedures and all applicable laws and standards. The manager is responsible and accountable for overall management of payroll staff and processes which includes assessing, planning, implementing, auditing and evaluating all aspects of services delivered; ensuring timely payroll, quality programs and a level of customer service that strives to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of at least 6 years of experience in the payroll function, minimum of 2 years in the recent 3 years.
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel aptitude, advanced working knowledge and five plus years of payroll experience with major ERP software, experience with check writing and document imaging software.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computerized general ledger systems
- 10-key calculator by touch.
- Exhibits communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to motivate, delegate, analyze information and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member, by establishing cooperative working relationships.
- Exhibits strong customer service history, requiring confidentiality and sensitivity. Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities is required.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration and Competence.