Nutrition Services Supervisor, Vacaville, CA
Nutrition Services Supervisor (2 Openings)
The Nutrition Services Supervisor works under the management and supervision of the Nutrition Services Manage, Production Supervisor and Clinical Nutrition Supervisor. Maintains state and federally mandated standards of safety and cleanliness by training, scheduling, and supervising Nutrition Services personnel performing tasks that include but are not limited to: hot and cold food preparation and production, meal distribution within and between the healthcare facilities, sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment, tray-line meal assembly, product inventory and ordering.The Supervisor participates in departmental activities, implementation of projects and programs, inventory and ordering of products, and the development of an inservice calendar for staff training. Participates in and monitors the discipline for employees within the department including but not limited to: employee and patient safety, food safety, sanitation, performance issues and attendance. The Supervisor models the high standards of behavior expected for staff including: attendance, confidentiality, sanitation, teamwork, and The NorthBay Way.
To learn more and apply click on one of the links below:
- High school graduate.
Licensure and Certifications:
- Current Serve Safe certificate required
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Three to five years food service experience. Two to three years full time supervisory experience in the food service industry, preferably healthcare related.
- Supervision: hot and cold food production, ability to work with a variety of individual personalities and ability to adapt to changing conditions. Must demonstrate the highest discipline regarding confidentiality.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Must meet high customer service expectations, and demonstrate the NorthBay Way with all staff, patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers and contractors.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
- Hours of Work: May vary according to business need.
- Requires a high comfort level with taking initiative and being accountable for teamwork and service excellence.
- Must be flexible.