Supervisor, Patient Access, Vacaville or Fairfield, CA
Supervisor, Patient Access (2 Openings)
Performs duties under the direction of the Manager, Patient Access & Communications. Coordinates all functions related to the daily operations and process in patient registration and hospital PBX communication. This includes direct supervision of staff including Patient Access Ambassadors and PBX Communications Ambassadors to ensure efficient utilization of time and service to patients, monitoring daily productivity levels, and providing coaching sessions to improve performance. Oversees scheduling of employees, evaluates performance, resolves patient and staff complaints, and administers discipline as necessary. Coordinates registration operations with other NorthBay Healthcare System departments, as strategically defined by the Director, and as pertinent to compliance with Title 22, JCAHO, EMTALA, HIPAA, and other regulatory entities.
To learn more and apply click on one of the links below:
- Associate degree required. Those currently in the role are grandfathered until December 2018 at which time Associate's Degree becomes required.
- Must complete leadership everyday classes within 12 months.
Licensure and Certification:
- Patient Access and/or Revenue Cycle relevant certification from a nationally recognized healthcare credentialing organization required within 12 months of hire.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Four years or more experience in Patient Access healthcare industry or equivalent experience required.
- Two years or more of supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Emergency department registration, financial counseling, or telecommunications experience preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence including, but not limited to professionalism, customer focus, compassion, strong listening skills and a warm demeanor.
- Consistently exhibits empathy, optimism, resourcefulness and cultural competency in interactions with others.
- Is extremely open to learning new things and teaming with others in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of conducting him/herself in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the unique complexities and challenges of the healthcare environment.