RN Case Manager, Vancouver, WA
RN Case Manager - Home Health
Job Location Vancouver Office - Vancouver, WA
Position Type Full Time
Education Level 2 Year Degree
Travel Percentage Road Warrior
Job Shift Day
Job Category Health Care
Are you a RN looking to provide one on one care to patients in their homes? Our RN's provide leadership in the provision of care to the home health patient. Admits patients and coordinates their home health course of treatment. Confers and collaborates with the physician and other team members in implementing the home health treatment plan.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates patient care team and services.
- Completes in-home admission and assessment visit within established time parameters.
- Develops and implements an individualized patient plan of care.
- Submits documentation of all patient care within established time parameters.
- Completes documentation certification for the 485 and recertification (485) forms within established time parameters.
- Reports progress and changes in patient condition to physicians and referral sources on an ongoing basis.
- Provides patients and caregivers with referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive teaching plan for all patients within the caseload.
- Initiates and updates drug profile and medication teaching plan for all patients within the caseload.
- Begins discharge planning process at time of admission to home health.
- Provides care according to the policies, procedures, and protocols of the organization.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and progress toward patient goals.
- Responsible for managing caseload in a cost effective manner.
- Preceptors new home health care clinical staff and assists in their orientation.
- Participates in quality improvement, utilization review, and multidisciplinary conferences.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to the home health field staff.
- Supervises home health aides and LPNs and coordinates with all other disciplines in the provision of patient care
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality care provision.
- Exhibits good written, verbal and computer communication skills.
- Participates in the evaluation process of supervised staff informally and formally with written performance appraisals upon completion of their probationary period and on an annual basis.
- On call rotation hours
We offer our full time staff:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid time off (up to 26 days a year)
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Retirement plan
- Life Insurance
- Short term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Licensed as a RN in WA. Three years home health experience preferred (equivalent clinical services experience/training considered).
- Minimum one-year acute care setting experience.
- Knowledgeable of Medicare and CHAP standards of practice.
- Basic personal computer skills to perform data entry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and document concisely, accurately and timely
- All staff driving on agency business is required to have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- CPR certification.
- Proof of TB screening.
- HIV/AIDS education.