Medical Director, Santa Barbara, CA
Planned Parenthood California Central Coast is hiring a Medical Director!!!
Your passion makes the difference!
As the most trusted provider of reproductive health care, we promote the ability of all individuals to lead fulfilled lives, build healthy families, and make informed decisions through high-quality health services, education, and advocacy.
Planned Parenthood of California Central Coast has an opportunity for a Medical Director.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents. We also offer generous, vacation, sick, and holiday pay benefits and a retirement plan with matching contributions.
The Medical Director is responsible for the direction of medical programs and services as well as the quality of medical care delivered by the affiliate. The Medical Director will partner with health center operations leadership to ensure that the delivery of high quality medical care is delivered efficiently, effectively, and safely. The Medical Director will fulfill the role and responsibility as Physician Director or delegate the role, as appropriate, for all current services and new services as they are developed. The Medical Director is responsible for the supervision of the Medical Services leadership, Quality Management, Case Management, and all licensed staff. They provide leadership in the community by spearheading clinical partnerships and referrals and developing relationships within the medical community. In addition to these duties, the Medical Director will also directly provide medical services on an as-needed basis and remain current on the delivery of medical care at PPCCC’s health centers. The Medical Director must have a commitment to public health and to making health equity a strategic priority.
- Serves as an integral member of the affiliate senior leadership team and participates in the organization, implementation, and evaluation of affiliate programs.
- Guides the development of new medical programs
- Collaborates with other departments to achieve affiliate goals (e.g. fundraising, etc.)
- Advises and participates when necessary in the development of contract relationships with other health care providers
- Represents PPCCC at professional conferences, advisory groups, and PPFA committees
- Promotes Planned Parenthood programs to the community and health care professionals and is available for news media regarding medical issues.
- Responsible for the overall quality management of medical care delivered by the affiliate and its staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Medical degree and Board certification/eligibility in Obstetrics and Gynecology or Primary Care/Family Practice/Internal Medicine required
- CA Medical Board DEA License
- Minimum five (5) years of physician experience required, preferably as an OB/GYN
- Hospital and admitting privileges at local hospital preferred
- Prior management experience preferred,
- English-Spanish bilingual skills are desirable.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply online to: https://jobs.lever.co/ppcentralcoast