Director of Development, Cincinnati, OH
DIRECTOR of DEVELOPMENT – Cincinnati, Ohio
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Cincinnati is seeking a director of development to increase support and awareness of our hospital. This individual will be responsible for all fundraising and development activities which include cultivating, managing and closing major donations and gift prospects.
Must have skills include:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with persons from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Proven track record in prospect management
- Detail oriented with respect to planning, file analysis and record keeping
- Strong computer skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective time management
- In coordination with the Administrator, senior leadership and the Board of Governors, develop, plan and implement a comprehensive development strategy to support Shriners Hospital for Children-Cincinnati priorities through major and planned gifts, corporate and foundation giving, grants, and special events.
- Oversee all aspects of relationship management with donors to ensure prompt communication and appropriate recognition.
- Ensure all policy and procedures for gift acceptance, gift processing, record keeping, tax documentation and donor recognition acknowledgement is in compliance with IRS and Shriners Hospitals for Children regulations.
- Monitor fundraising data, provide and present to Administrator, Development committee of the Board of Governors, as well as the overall Board of Governors. Evaluate progress toward annual goals.
- Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional fundraising and development experience in a nonprofit setting, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE and/or Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of donor databases
- The ability to work independently and as a team player
This position reports directly to the Administrator of the hospital.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS COMPETENCIES FOR ALL POSITIONS.
THOSE WHO ARE NOT IMMUNE TO CHICKENPOX WILL BE VACINATED.
SHRINERS HOSPITALS FOR CHILDREN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AND A DRUG FREE, SMOKE FREE WORK PLACE.
Please check out our web site at www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org
Apply online at “Career Center”for more information about Shriners Hospitals for Children
Or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject line.