Care Transformation Director, Phoenix, AZ
Care Transformation Director
Job Number 238993
Facility Banner--Univ Med Ctr Phoenix
Address : Street 1111 East McDowell Rd
Address : Location US-AZ-Phoenix
Work Schedule Day
Position Type FT: Full-Time
Posting Category Leadership - Non-Clinical
As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. With facilities across the West, there is something for every leader, from a busy urban medical center to a friendly small-town hospital.
Banner Health is looking for a Care Transformation Director to join their Administration Team at Banner University Medical Center Phoenix. This department is made up of executives that oversee the operations, strategy, revenue, care transformation, and clinical care for the hospital.
As the Care Transformation Director, you will have the opportunity to act as an influential change agent and utilize their extensive background in healthcare delivery and operations, performance improvement, and finance. You should seek creative and innovative individuals who can lead high performing teams to develop and implement solutions to improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability in healthcare.
Have previously lead efforts to drive change and influence key stakeholders to implement solutions to increase operational efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability in healthcare.
Leads high performing teams who collaborate closely with front-line staff, leaders, and physicians to achieve results – this individual must have a strong ownership of outcomes and can function in a highly complex environment.
Key influencer of change; stakeholders include physicians, department leaders, and corporate. Must possess the ability to inspire, motivate, and influence others – especially physicians and key leaders
Leads the analysis and evaluation of clinical outcomes, financial and operational performance, to deliver value based care. Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives based off findings.
Develop strategies and design improvements using professional business process methodologies and tools to standardize and improve reliability (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.)
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix
Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position has primary responsibility for ensuring the organization is well positioned to deliver highly reliable and value based, multidisciplinary care in an environment of teaching and scholarship to serve the communitys most complex patients. This position leads programs, processes, and implementation strategies to deliver superior quality outcomes, strong financial performance, and ensuring overall operating effectiveness and strategic positioning through increased reliability. The position works collaboratively and serves as a change agent and key resource to leaders, physicians, and other stakeholders to proactively identify, communicate, and implement strategic and operational frameworks to improve performance and effectiveness.
- Oversees the successful implementation and operations of programs in collaboration with leaders, physicians, and teams across the continuum. Oversees the integration, coordination, and implementation of clinical delivery improvement efforts and develops Clinical Transformation tools, processes, and plans to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads the analysis and evaluation of clinical outcomes, financial and operational performance, and business planning necessary to delivery excellent, high value patient care to ensure continued growth. Uses forecasting and advanced data modeling techniques to proactively identify improvement opportunities and program development. Ensures consistency in methodology, processes, outcomes, and timelines for new and existing clinical delivery improvement programs, services and projects. Monitors and measures qualitative and quantitative improvements achieved.
- Leads high performing teams who collaborate closely with front-line staff, leaders, and physicians to deliver results. Coaches and directs team members to be change champions and transform how others across the organization learn and work. Inspires the teams to adopt a mindset of innovation and manage and solve complex problems. Collaborates and leverages resources and capabilities across multi-disciplinary teams. Promotes high performance expectations and influences leadership/management team(s). Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Provides coordination and oversight of implementation of improvements with leadership, facility administration, and physicians.
- Responsible for maintaining financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin), while leading specialized multidisciplinary teams to reduce clinical and operational variation to ensure a highly reliable clinical delivery model for the assigned division.
- Builds, supports and manages effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Creates a collaborative environment despite ambiguity and uncertainty in the various stages, providing tools and resources to address the needs of teams and work groups. Maintains a service excellence culture creating an environment of high employee engagement to include ongoing and meaningful communication and promoting a culture of inclusion. Serves as a change champion.
- Participates in community and industry activities (scholarly publications and presentations) to promote Banner Health and the assigned division.
- Manages the work of others, which includes performing recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation efforts. Responsible for managing personnel and functional areas within the team. This includes day-to-day management of people, coordinating and assigning tasks, assuring timely completion of goals, directing solutions to business needs, communicating, and resolving issues.
Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Demonstrated human relations and communications skills to collaborate in a highly matrixed organization highly preferred. Experience working in an integrated, multi-hospital system, or managed care organization is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.