Registered Nurse PCU, Vail, CO
Registered Nurse PCU 6020
VAIL · 6020 PATIENT CARE UNIT
Full-time (Year Around), Nights, 36
Req # 9117
This position assumes responsibility and accountability for providing nursing care for patients and their families. Assure expert, compassionate, individualized nursing care for patients and families is expected. They collaborate with providers, staff and other members of the team to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the daily patient flow to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize incoming patient requests for services.
- Delivers patient education to facilitate plan of care, employer informed healthcare choices, and promote optimal wellness.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate care appropriately and according to Colorado statute.
- Demonstrates competent healthcare assessment skills, prioritizing skills and critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle high telephone volume of patient requests for medications, information and assistance. Administers medications, performs treatments, and assists in procedures as needed; consistently adhering to patient safety guidelines.
- Coordinates patient care with other disciplines on the health care team, Vail Health and others as needed to achieve the highest possible level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Delivers excellent service by utilizing Relationship-Based Care to advocate for safety, patient preferences, and optimal communication through partnering with patients and families.
- Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Minimum of Associate Nursing Degree for positions hired after 07/01/2018.