Case Management Supervisor, Fairfield, CA
Case Management Supervisor
Job Locations US-CA-Fairfield
Job ID 2019-1435
To provide daily oversight, leadership, support, training and direction of both clinical and non-clinical staff. Supports and assists the Team Manager in developing and maintaining a cohesive team with a high level of productivity and accuracy to achieve the department's overall performance metrics. Designs and implements high quality, cost-effective care plans to enable members to achieve health goals.
- Provides daily leadership, direction, resources, training, evaluation and support to department staff in coordinating care and resource utilization.
- Serves as a role model and clinical resource to colleagues, staff, members and others.
- Assists department leadership in identifying, monitoring, and evaluating department operations to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness. Makes recommendations for process improvements when necessary.
- Performs Human Resource functions such as time card management, directing work activities, implementing workplace changes, conducting annual reviews, and conducting staff trainings.
- Collaborates and works with Team Manager(s) to keep apprised of operational issues, staff and service levels, resources, program and/or department needs.
- Ensures consistent application and implementation of departmental, organizational, and state/federal policies and procedures.
- Conducts on-going review and audits of team work to ensure program goals, quality standards, and department metrics are being met.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with PHC partners and providers via open and timely communication.
- Participates in committees, task forces, work groups and/or multidisciplinary teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or clinically related field preferred; 3-5 years’ experience to include staff supervision, one (1) year managed care or case management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Strong knowledge of nursing standards in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Demonstrated leadership skills/experience. Ability to work within an interdisciplinary structure and function independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities and deadlines. Strong organizational skills required. Computer literacy and proficiency. Familiarity with managed care and/or utilization management preferred. Current California Registered Nurse License. Valid California Driver's License and proof of current automobile insurance compliant with PHC's policies are required to operate a vehicle and travel for company business. Certifications in chosen field such as advance practice nursing or case management, or within 2 years of hire, required.
Performance Based Competencies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Demonstrated experience and ability to build effective working relationships and to represent the department effectively in order to accomplish goals. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
Daily use of multi-line telephone and computer for most of the day. Cubicle work station. Ability to use a computer keyboard. Must be able to lift, move, or carry objects of varying size, weighing up to 10lbs.
All HealthPlan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the HealthPlan’s policies and procedures, as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive or definitive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.