Director Ops - Surgical Svcs, Park Ridge, IL
Director Ops - Surgical Svcs
Req #: 111910
Facility: Lutheran General Hospital
City: Park Ridge
Posting Budget Status: Day
Shift Type: Full Time - Permanent
Posting FTE: 1
- Current nursing license in State of Illinois
- Masters Degree with an advanced degree in nursing (BSN or MSN)
- 5 years progressive experience in health care management.
- Demonstrated leadership of multiple departments which represent a broad portfolio of responsibility.
- Financial analysis and planning.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and team-building skills across departments and disciplines.
- Ability to develop and lead multidisciplinary teams to achieve outcomes in a changing environment.
- Business development and strategic planning skills.
- Resiliency and flexibility to deal with a changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal/external customers.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases.
- Ability to travel between sites within the system.
The director of operations is responsible to define, develop, and implement hospital initiatives and strategies to ensure that quality patient care is provided in a cost-effective manner, utilizing continuous quality improvement techniques. The position is responsible for the key result area in a broad portfolio of services that includes: Main Operating Rooms, Pre-Surgical Testing, Pre-Operative Care Unit, Post-Operative Care Unit, Ambulatory Surgery Center, Anesthesia Support Services, Materials Management, CPD.