Director of Nursing, Watford City, ND
Director of Nursing
Location 709 FOURTH AVE NE, Watford City, ND 58854, United States
Employee Type Exempt
Job Category GSH - Long Term Care
Manage Others Yes
Name Jullie Griffith-Storlie, HR Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates the development and implementation of policies and procedures that govern the Nursing Services in collaboration with appropriate services.
- Establishes and maintains job specifications and descriptions for Nursing Services personnel in conjunction with the Staff Development Director.
- Makes rounds to all nursing units daily.
- Participates in the performance improvement functions by collecting and verifying data, as needed.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the resident’s needs.
- Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of residents and their families.
- Ensures licensed nurses are able to perform head-to-toe assessments and reassessments on all residents across the lifespan, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and the geriatric population.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the geriatric resident and evaluates licensed nurses’ abilities to assess and reassess residents.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the resident and family regarding pain management.
- Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the resident care unit’s policies and procedures
- Ability to interpret results of waived tests and procedures; takes appropriate action on waived tests results.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supervises licensed nurses in their daily work as needed.
- Directs departments to continuing education and in-service programs.
- Coordinates and directs resident care and education by monitoring care plans and assisting licensed nurses to improve the quality of care rendered.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Exhibits genuine interest in and appreciation of adults in the later years of life.
- Is an advocate for the residents of the facility.
- Is a motivated, independent individual who can organize workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of North Dakota, MSN preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of geriatric care nursing and management.
- Current certification in gerontological nursing preferred.
- Current BCLS certification.
McKenzie County Healthcare Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Responsible for direction of resident care in the skilled nursing setting. Manages licensed clinical personnel. Consults with staff, Providers, management team on nursing problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure resident needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities for Nursing Services and participates in CQI activities. Assists in formulating budget.