Registered Nurse, Watford City, ND
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Ability to perform Hemocult, Blood Sugar testing and Urine Dip testing (point-of-care testing) per policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret results of Hemocult, Blood Sugar testing and Urine Dip testing; take appropriate action on test results.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist providers with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level licensure.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, providers and other healthcare providers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure, licensed in the State of North Dakota.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
McKenzie County Healthcare Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the hospital setting. Communicates with providers and co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.