Director of Nursing, Sturgis, SD
Aspen Grove Assisted Living, a 40 bed community, located in Sturgis, South Dakota is seeking a Director of Nursing to head up the nursing team. Our focus is on preserving the independence of all our residents in a safe, home environment. Our center is a short distance away from Portland, right across the Columbia river.
We are looking to add to our already great Management Team that works closely together and offers each other support. If this is you please submit your resume for an interview.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations, activities and success of the resident care staff, as governed by the Center policies, and state and federal regulations. Validates that the Nursing Department continues to develop and maintain high standards for excellence by being knowledgeable of industry changes and trends, and by implementing up-to-date nursing practices. Performs other duties as assigned by the ED.
- Develops and maintains a nursing service philosophy, objectives, standards of practice, policy and process manuals.
- Manages, supervises, and develops plans of action for assigned units, providing consistent monitoring and follow-through.
- Establishes systems for care planning, including assessments, plan of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations and discharge planning. Maintains accurate and timely documentation. Coordinates care needs with other departments.
- Schedules nursing staff, adhering to budget and staffing guidelines.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, disciplining, coaching, and conducting performance appraisals on assigned units.
- Demonstrates an understanding and knowledge of certification laws and requirements, survey requirements and Medicaid program.
- Validates that reporting departments consistently meet state and federal requirements for long-term care facilities for licensure. Validates existence of a quality assurance program for nursing services and coordinates interdisciplinary quality assurance program.
- Demonstrates dedication to staff and residents by knowing each resident and their individual needs, providing opportunities for recognizing a job well done by employees and implementing support programs.
- Represents Center to residents, physicians, family members and community.
- Assists with planning orientation for new hires, and assists with evaluation of staff development programs.
- Directs the functions and activities of the ED in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned appropriate to the position.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN degree preferred.
- Current licensure in the state of employment.
- Certification in Rehab Nursing, geriatrics, or psychiatric nursing desirable.
- Minimum two years' experience as a nursing services supervisor in a long-term care Center desirable.