Director of Nursing, Garretson, SD
We are accepting applications for Director of Nursing Services to lead our team in Garretson. South Dakota. The ideal candidate will possess great leadership skills, be intuitive, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy caring for our staff and residents with a commitment to delivery of quality of care for all. This is a nice 55 bed center, ideal for an astute clinician.
RN Director of Nursing General Summary, Skills and Qualifications
This position manages the day-to-day operations, activities and success of the resident care staff, as governed by the Center policies, and state and federal regulations. Validates that the Nursing Department continues to develop and maintain high standards for excellence by being knowledgeable of industry changes and trends, and by implementing up-to-date nursing practices.
- Develops and maintains a nursing service philosophy, objectives, standards of practice, policy and process manuals.
- Manages, supervises, and develops plans of action for assigned units, providing consistent monitoring and follow-through.
- Establishes systems for care planning, including assessments, plan of treatment, objectives and goals, evaluations and discharge planning. Maintains accurate and timely documentation. Coordinates care needs with other departments.
- Schedules nursing staff, adhering to budget and staffing guidelines.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in the state of employment.
- Certification in Rehab Nursing, geriatrics, or psychiatric nursing desirable.
- Minimum two years' experience as a nursing services supervisor in a long-term care Center desirable.