Registered Nurse, Fort Wayne, IN
Registered Nurse (RN)
Englewood Health & Rehabilitation Center is looking for RNs to provide for the daily care, health needs, safety and comfort of the resident which includes providing professional assessments, documentation of the resident's health and assisting with the management of the assigned nursing units, staff CNAs and staff QMAs.
Job duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Supervise, perform and provide written/verbal care assignments, routine skills and procedures to ensure the quality of car to residents such as resident care plans, MDS and nursing care plans. Daily and periodic resident visits for monitoring and observing the residents’ physical/mental condition. Perform routine nursing procedures. Work closely with physicians and families to maintain the health/mental state of the resident. Provide emotional support to the resident and their families. Be able to handle resident and/or visitor complaints, allegations, accidents or incidents that may occur.
- Provide medical record documentation. Complete (24) hour reports, end of shift reports, shift narcotic counts and documenting the destruction of outdated/discontinued medications. Document and teach residents’ admissions, transfers and discharges. Maintain up-to-date resident medical records. Schedule, re-schedule and coordinate assignments and work schedules for CNAs and QMAs. Perform a daily inventory of supplies and reporting needs to person responsible for acquiring supplies.
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing and possess a valid RN license in good standing according to State and Federal requirements.
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles of safe effective nursing practices within the State of Indiana.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (i.e., the ability to access and use the internet, Word, E-mail, etc.).