Executive Director, Valparaiso, IN
As the Executive Director of a Golden LivingCenter you'll make the decisions that make the difference to our staff and to the patients and residents they serve. That's why we empower you with technologies that are among the most advanced anywhere in healthcare. Technologies that allow you to see where the facility is doing well and where more attention is required - almost in real time. Technologies that allow you to work smarter, more efficiently and truly build the staff and the culture of your facility. We've earned more AHCA/NCAL quality awards than any other post-acute healthcare provider thanks to people like you. So if you have what it takes, it's time to take the lead with Golden Living.
To lead and direct the overall operations of the facility in accordance with customer needs, government regulations and Company policies, with focus on maintaining excellent care for the residents/patients while achieving the facility's business objectives. Serve as a mentor to guide and support all other assigned facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Leads the facility management staff and consultants in developing and working from a business plan that focuses on all aspects of facility operations, including setting priorities and job assignments. Monitors each department's activities, communicates policies, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and assists, observes, coaches and disciplines as needed
- Develops an environment that allows for creative thinking, problem solving and empowerment in the development of a facility management team
- Oversees regular rounds to monitor delivery of nursing care, operation of support departments, cleanliness and appearance of the facility; moral of the staff; and ensures resident needs are being addressed
- Exhibits positive customer service both to internal and external customers through the ongoing support and implementation of the Company's Health and Rehabilitation Services customer service initiatives and business objectives. Utilizes survey information to address areas of importance as defined by our customers
- Ensures consultants and other support resources are appropriately utilized and a high level of interdepartmental teamwork is maintained
- Ensures the building and grounds are appropriately maintained and that equipment and work areas are clean, safe and orderly, and any hazardous conditions are addressed; ensure that Universal Precaution and Infection Control, Isolation, Fire Safety and Sanitation practices and procedures are followed
- Maintain a working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations
- Monitor Human Resources practices to ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies, and to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices, and maintaining a proactive work environment. Manage turnover and ensure current and future staffing through development of recruiting sources, and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education and development
- Manage facility budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables, and receivables. Monitor business activities to ensure procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling of funds and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times. Communicate budget guidelines and expectations to department managers. Meet established budget and Accounts Receivable goals as developed by department supervisor and GVP team.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the facility that reflects service opportunities, competition, potential market area changes, and which maximizes census, payor mix, and ancillary revenues. Lead and monitor key staff and facility staff to play an active role in carrying out the marketing plan. Take initiative in evaluation, development and implementation of new business opportunities that meets the needs of the community and benefits the facility/Company
- Develops positive relationships on behalf of the Company with government regulators, residents, families, area health care, physicians, and the community at large. Acts as a resource of information to the community related to health care issues Comply with, support and enforce Company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts and personal protective back supports
- Promote and understanding of and compliance with all rules regarding resident's rights; promote positive relationships with residents, visitors and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude
- Supervise, conduct and participate in department and facility education activities and staff meetings
- Utilize the quality improvement process in all areas of facility operation
- Performs the role of compliance liaison as described in the attached addendum
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree
- Currently licensed as Nursing Home Administrator in state of practice
- Completion of the company EDIT Program and/or prior experience as an Executive Director
- Experience in performance management and effective leadership
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Ability to complete multiple projects
- Computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee, and company proprietary information
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families and government regulators, and to work cooperatively with other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.