Director - Patient Financial Services, Vancouver, WA
Director-Patient Financial Services
Our Patient Financial Services Department is looking for a seasoned professional to help transform our operations to accommodate historic growth and embed Lean improvement processes. Will help define the strategy, structure, guiding principles, processes, measures, success factors, and standard work that will result in excellent service for our patients and internal customers.
The Director of Patient Financial Services is responsible for development, implementation, and administration of all policies and procedures relating to revenue cycle operations. It is the responsibility of the Director to develop and sustain high-performance work teams that consistently meet or exceed customer service, production, and financial performance targets.
Ensures compliance with regulations and billing and collections policies in order to achieve best practice results in key performance indicators related to accounts receivable (AR) management. Champions revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization to aid in the resolution of identified revenue cycle issues. Performs ongoing trend analysis on third party payer payment levels. Provides direction regarding reimbursement, coding & compliance, information systems, and credentialing. Establishes and monitors standards for controlling the revenue cycle workflows as well as the integrity and quality of data. Prepares monthly analysis and reports pertaining to revenue cycle performance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related or business-related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years management experience in health care accounts receivable required.
- Health care experience in claims, cash receipts, collection of Medicare/Medicaid, commercial insurance, Labor and Industry, and third party billing required.
- Professional use of financial reporting and use of spreadsheets to prepare management schedules and reconciliation reports required.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, demonstrate leadership skills, foster teamwork and trust.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, and communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Experience with physician practice management (billing) software required, Epic experience preferred.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.