Sr Manager - Community Intervention, Phoenix, AZ
Job Title Sr Manager - Community Intervention
Job ID 4907
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Accountable for facilitating the development and execution of state-wide strategies and initiatives focused on achieving business goals in the areas of community interventions and social determinants of health (SDOH). Responsible for providing guidance and direction to senior leaders and cross-functional team members, as required, in support of strategic initiatives. Provide business expertise needed to set planning priorities as well as develop and execute implementation approach.
An engaged change leader who builds coalitions that investigate and take action on meaningful community health issues Partners with providers, internal teams and the community to create innovative models designed to advance healthcare quality, improve the health status of members, and moderate system-wide cost trends. Represents the company on high-profile projects designed to improve the health status of members and the Arizona population. In partnership with the CMO and the Enterprise Medical Director, formulates healthcare strategies for the organization.
- Assist CMO/Enterprise Medical Director to develop, organize, and create innovations and programs designed to foster and enhance relations between BCBSAZ, its subsidiaries and affiliates, hospitals, providers, nonprofits and government entities.
- Work with CMO/Enterprise Medical Director to create outcome-driven quality initiatives and programs designed to improve healthcare services to BCBSAZ members, with a focus on cost reduction and quality improvement. Prepare business cases, analyze ROI, and implement initiatives.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure teamwork in achieving corporate goals.
- Assist CMO/Enterprise Medical Director in representing the company at professional organizations and in various activities within and outside the company as needed.
- Represent the company and act as a liaison with individual health service professionals, hospitals, providers, community organizations and government entities.
- Provide written information through letters and articles in newsletters, emails, and other publications to educate members, prospects, employees, and the community on key healthcare issues.
- Work to ensure productive relationships with all customers, employers, members, and providers to ensure members receive the appropriate health care in the most appropriate setting with the best value in health care.
- Provide leadership to staff and other professionals through clinical excellence, professional behavior and innovative thinking.
- With CMO/Enterprise Medical Director, set the strategic direction for data analysis. Partner with informatics and healthcare economics to create models focused on outcome measurement to determine program effectiveness. Develop programs to address findings.
- Articulate innovations to marketing to assist with development of educational materials and promotions surrounding provider understanding and acceptance of managed care initiatives or procedures.
- Monitor quality performance measures, develop and maintain effective workflows, and seek to maximize system efficiencies.
- Attend SOC meetings and participate as a member of the health services leadership team.
- Contribute to and lead departmental and cross-functional teams to achieve BCBSAZ goals and special projects identified by the CMO/Enterprise Medical Director to ensure future success.
- Coordinate activities between multiple divisions to achieve desired results.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience
- 2 years of management experience
- 3 years of experience with program development and with successful outcome measurements
- 3 years of experience in developing short and long range strategic plans, forecasting, and budgeting
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, public health, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of management experience
- 3 years of experience in program development, but not limited to community organization, community outreach, health care equity, social determinants of health, substance use disorder and behavioral health.
- 5 years of experience in developing short and long range strategic plans, forecasting, and budgeting
- 1 year of project management experience
- Master’s degree in public health, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field strongly preferred.
- Active, current, and unrestricted license to practice in the State of Arizona (a state in the United States) as a Registered Nurse (RN). Active, current, and unrestricted State of Arizona (a state in the United States) license as a behavioral health provider
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
Required Job Skills
- Lead and conduct research, preparation, and communication of strategic, operational and financial business plans
- Ensure operational alignment to strategy
- Stimulate strategic thinking in support of business direction
- Manage special projects that impact the entire organization and/or key business unit partners
- Assures comprehensive understanding of internal and external environmental influences
Required Professional Competencies
- Experience with successfully leading complex, large-scale initiatives
- Proven relationship management skills at senior levels within an organization and external constituents
- Demonstrated experience developing analysis, presentations and support materials to successfully implement strategy and initiatives
- Strong analytical and written/oral communication skills
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- High standard of performance while pursuing aggressive goals
- Principled leadership and sound business ethics
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.