MRI Technologist, On Call, Tacoma, WA
On Call Part-Time
Requisition ID : 1149
THIS IS AN ON CALL POSITION THAT TRAVELS TO ALL TRA SITES and WORK WEEKENDS & EVENINGS
This job is responsible for performing MR functions in accordance with ARRT standards and ethics. Incumbent must be proficient with computer applications, with an emphasis on technical systems, strong knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, pathophysiology, and magnetic resonance physics. MR Technologist performs duties under the general supervision of Site Manager, MRI Modality Specialist and the Radiologist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares patients for MR exams with thorough explanations of the procedures and clear instructions.
- Obtains a thorough patient history as it related to the exam to be completed.
- Accurately implements the orders of the referring physician, producing images with minimum repeatability.
- Performs IV punctures.
- Performs necessary computer functions associated with patient exam. (PACS)
- Keeps work area and patient exam areas neat and stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
- Check work email daily.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- HIV/AIDS course required, to have a State license
- Able to apply IV principles under the scope of Radiologic Technologists
- ARRT Registry and MR certification completed within 1 year of hire date
- Must have valid Washington State Radiologic Technologist Certification
- Current BLS certification required
- Siemens Espree and GE experience
- Provides patient care in accordance with the mission statement of TRA-MINW.
- Maintains high standards regarding the accurate recording of patient information.
- Presents high quality images and pertinent patient history to radiologist for interpretation.
- Requires effective oral and written skills
- Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with co-workers and ensures proper patient care and efficient workflow
- Uses appropriate communication style, language, and volume in clinic setting, whether communicating with peers, patients, vendors or others
- Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills, using AIDET/4 As
- Ability to work effectively in teamwork environment and have respectful behavior while working as a team with co-workers
- Communicate professionally with other medical facilities, patients, and customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills; good organization skills
Work is classified as moderate in physical requirements. Must be able to assist in supporting patients of varying weight. Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment as necessary.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure to ionizing radiation.